Concerned about employment law in Dallas, TX? Understanding employment law is a crucial step in protecting any business. The success of any business is built upon its relationship to its employees. Management of employees and employee welfare is a big concern for every company, and every company will have a varied set of needs and concerns depending on the company’s size and the types of workers it employs. Business owners can reduce the likelihood of costly litigation by knowing how the laws protect their employees, whether it be a small business or a multi-million dollar corporation. However, there are so many rules, laws and regulations for employment law in Dallas, TX that staying on top can be difficult, especially when so many factors come into play, such as:
- Does the company have a human resources department to handle issues?
- Are the workers in a union?
- Are any employees disabled?
- Does the company have an employee handbook outlining policies and procedures for health and safety?
- Is management up to date on laws regarding discrimination and sexual harassment? Do you know what to do if an employee sues your business?
Employers must remain well-informed on existing laws and regulations and be aware of any amendments, like EEOC regulations or federal laws such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. Failure to pay the correct minimum wage or provide the correct breaks can get a business owner in hot water, and failure to train management on how to treat employees can cause irreversible damage. Employers need knowledgeable legal counsel to guide them through the labyrinth that is employment law. Dallas TX attorneys at Simon | Paschal PLLC have years of experience assisting employers with all aspects of employment law. Many other Dallas , TX employment law firms largely represent employees, not employers, and business owners will need skilled legal counsel who can meet all their varied needs, including:
- Defending employment lawsuits, including those involving wage and hour disputes, race discrimination, age discrimination, gender discrimination, sexual harassment, whistle blower actions and wrongful termination
- Assisting employers in hiring and firing decisions to avoid running afoul of existing or former employment contracts and non-compete or non-disclosure agreements
- Drafting employee handbooks and helping create workplace policies to minimize the risk of employee dissatisfaction and litigation
- Defending employers in unemployment compensation hearings
- Responding to and defending against actions taken by the EEOC, the Texas Workforce Commission and the National Labor Relations Board
- Advise management on standards set forth in the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Texas Payday Law and other state and federal laws to avoid inadvertent violations
Whether your company is a small business with only a handful of employees or a large, multi-million dollar corporation, the Dallas employment lawyers at Simon | Paschal PLLC have the knowledge, experience, and resources to represent your business in everything from policy implementation to litigation. When it comes to employment law, Dallas TX business owners cannot afford to operate without legal counsel. If your company has an employment law issue or needs advice on an employment law matter, contact the Dallas employment attorneys at Simon | Paschal PLLC now at (972) 893-9340.
Employment Law Dallas TX
Simon Paschal PLLC
13601 Preston Road Suite W870
Dallas, Texas 75204
Photo Credit: @DepositPhotos.com/ EmiliaU